Saturday 10 November 2012

Love Those Distress Inks!

Hi there!
My mum had the kids for a couple of hours today, so I had the most wonderful time playing with one of my favourite mediums...distress inks!
If you have never tried these before, give them a go - they are so much fun, and the results are outstanding!

I created this card today, using a technique I discovered on Kristina Werner's blog. She is an amazing cardmaker, so talented, and I love that she posts a video for every card tutorial she makes. So helpful for a visual learner like me!

The card I used as the inspiration for my creation today can be found here.

And here is my card. 


For the sentiment I cut a label shape out of the blue "distressed" using a die and my cuttlebug, creating a negative space - or a hole (!). I stamped the sentiment onto the card front so that it peeps through the die-cut hole.

I adhered the blue card to the card front with foam tape.

A simple yet effective result, don't you think?

Check out Kristina's blog and learn some new techniques for yourself. It's a lovely way to spend a few quiet hours.

Hope to see you again soon!
XRebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment